- Tasmania is not Australia
- Interstate migration opportunities
- Generation Thank God You're Here
- Untapped supply of labour
- Older workers
- Increase the intrinsic value of work for all
What can Tasmania do to increase the labour productivity of labour intensive industry sectors? I believe the answer lies in both skill utilisation and workforce development but also in reform of workplace practices and regulations. Innovation is not just investment in capital and technology, it is investment in doing things better, more effectively and more efficiently. Innovation needs to occur in the workplace too.